Friday, March 26, 2010

Reminiscing my last day at MMU: January 2010

January 22 was my last day at MMU. I decided to tender my resignation from MMU on October 2009 (a 3-month notice) after much deliberation. Although I was so comfortable teaching in MMU and enjoyed the flexible work hours, I decided that I was no longer up to the idea of travelling from Melaka to KL on a weekly basis. I am so done living a so-called nomadic life. I just wanted to take a break and settle down. Before marriage, Alfred and I have been on a long distance relationship for several years ever since he was working in Africa. After our marriage, I felt that this is the time for me to spend more time with my husband – to enjoy our personal time together – and cherish every moment. 
After 5 years in FBL, it was a tough decision for me – I know I’d be missing my wonderful colleagues and the wonderful times we had together – all the chattering and the potlucks parties that we organized. I realize that a significant part of my life will be missing once I stop working. But I felt it was the right thing to do and I went ahead. I am the kind of person who does whatever that feels right at the moment and I have no regrets. On the hindsight it feels great to take a break from working! Though I enjoy lecturing, I dread all the paper works and the administrative duties – and I am so glad to be free from it. 
On January 10th, I went to clear out everything from my office. There were just too many books and stuffs. My mom and sister helped me out – great helping hands. The next day, I went to the office again to get the clearance from the library, finance, research management centre and HR. Finally, all the paperwork was completed and I checked my office room once again before handing over the room keys. Finally, it was time for me to leave. Adios MMU...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so nostalgic dear.mages.