Monday, October 11, 2010

Celebrating the simple things in life

This year for my birthday, I wanted to do something different. I told my husband that I didn't want to cut a cake. I just wanted to sit down and count my blessings. This year, my best birthday present is the baby I am carrying in my womb; I am eagerly anticipating for the arrival of my little angel - to make his/her special appearance into this world. 

I am thankful for the gift of life and for having all the wonderful people in my life. I am thankful for both my parents who gave me good health and sowed the seeds of good values within me; and to all my friends who have enriched my life. I am thankful for all the simple things in life. I am grateful to breathe in fresh air, to walk on this green earth, to admire the beauty of all God's creations, to be able to utter kind and loving words to everyone, to feel the warm embrace of my husband, to be tickled by my dogs' antics, to feel another life growing within me, to smell the roses and to be alive. Reflecting on these blessings in my life brings joy to me on my birthday - I feel contented. That's all I need to be happy today.

No comments: