I finally satisfied my cravings! Boy, it was darn good; my mom and sisters gave top rating for the cake; half of the cake was gone in a matter of seconds. I enjoyed every bite of the cake - it was pure joy sinking my teeth into the cake; the cake was fresh out from the oven; crusty at the top and moist inside, fantastic! Thanks, Nya Ling for sharing the recipe :) The recipe as follows:
- 175 gm butter
- 200 gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml UHT milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 250 gm superfine flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Raisins (optional)
1. Combine the milk and vanilla essence. Set aside.
2. Sift the flour and the baking powder and combine with the raisins and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celcius. Grease and line an 18cm round cake pan with greaseproof paper (I used the springform pan)
4. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the combined milk mixture gradually. Beat in eggs one at a time.
5. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients until well combined.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until done when tested with a wooden skewer.
8. Enjoy to the last bite!