Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Prayers

Some sayings/prayers that gets me through difficult times:

Meditation (A Taoist Meditation Prayer)
Close your Eyes
and you will see clearly,
Cease to Listen
and you will hear truth,
Be Silent
and your heart will sing,
Seek no Contacts
and you will find union,
Be Still
and you will move forward on the tide of spirit,
Be Gentle
and you will achieve no strength,
Be Patient
and you will achieve all things,
Be Humble
and you will remain entire.


"My Spirit Lives On" (Anonymous)
See through the window,
Look at the light,
Smell the sweet flowers,
See the sky bright,
Shed not the tears,
As you feel I have gone,
Love never leaves,
And my spirit lives on.

Talk of me often,
Your words will be heard,
I'll be by your side,
As swift as a bird,
Love life and laugh,
Together we'll be,
On the right path,
As our spirits fly free.

"I Said To The Man" (Anonymous)
I said to the man
who stood at the gate
of the year, “Give me
a light that I may tread
safely into the unknown.”
And he replied, “Go out
into the darkness and
put your hand into the
hand of God. That shall
be to you better than
light and safer than
a known way.”

No comments: