Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

October 11th, it was my birthday - a day which I look forward to every year; it fell on Saturday this year, my favoritest day of the week :) Spent the day with my family and Chin Lay. Had fun-filled laughter and joy.

Went for a scrumptious vegetarian lunch in Bonani's in Melaka Raya; it serves northern Indian cuisines and it's a beer garden as well. We ordered Saag Paneer (spinach with a type of cheese known as 'paneer') - it was just right to our taste - not too rich. Other dishes were Aloo Gobi (potato and cauliflower and other veggies cooked in North Indian style), Chapati (with carrot and other veggies grated in it), and Mango Lassi. It was a fulfilling lunch - thanks for the treat, Chin Lay :)

Mango Lassi

From left to right: Vegetable briyani rice, Saag Paneer, Aloo Gobi, and Capatti

After that we went for a movie at Dataran Pahlawan - watched Mamma Mia - totally enjoyed it from the beginning till the end - fantastic settings (amongst the islands in Greece) and the cast - I've watched it twice! and I will never get bored of it, especially the songs and the performances. Chin Lay and I had a good laugh and was totally entertained.

On the way back home, I bought myself half-dozen Big Apple donuts - just for a change to birthday cakes. The pleasure of indulgence - once in a while!

Those bites are left behind by me, just couldn't resist :) And Alfred calls me a rat

Later in the evening, we attended a 70-th Birthday party celebration in King's Hotel. Since I was vegetarian, didn't really enjoy the food. But I had great company :)

I missed Alfred, couldn't celebrate with him; I am looking forward for next year's celebrations with him :)

No comments: