Thursday, November 6, 2008

Deepavali 08- Part 2 - The Baking and Eating

The highlight of Deepavali this year was that I was eating non-stop - almost displaying an OCD-symptom. My eating spree of the cookies began much earlier than the Deepavali itself - much to my mom's 'likings'- I was behaving like a rat - tip-toeing to the cookie-storage room and 'stealing' the cookies - and I was unstoppable! My mom would just smile and shake her head in disbelief. So, it went on and on and on until my mother has to bake more pineapple tarts and the 'achi murukku', hehe.
Almond cookies covered with white chocolate icing

Caramel Nougat flakes

Baked cornflakes with raisins and almonds

Layered chocolate cake with ganache

The chocolate ganache-d cake was made specially for Alfred; but he couldn't come. But it was couriered to him anyways :) Most of the pieces made way into my sister's, mom's and cousins' stomachs :)

No comments: