Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Week that Was

We lost Aunty Veni (Alfred’s aunt) to cancer on Tuesday, 14th of April. Aunty Veni and Uncle Bala have always been there for us throughout this tough period that we are going through – and she has been my source of comfort – she has been there to console and comfort me. She has been the one that understood what Alfred and I are going through. She striked to me as a very strong person - she and Uncle Bala gave us strength and constantly reminded me that I am the pillar of strength for Alfred and to keep having faith. From the first day I've met her, I've grown fond of her. Her presence in my life is something that I would remember for the rest of my life for she has definitely inspired me to be strong. She will be greatly missed and cherished for the ways she has touched our lives.

The next day, I received another sad news – a 3-year old girl passed away from brain tumor – I sat and cried as much as I felt like – wondered how to explain all these – there is no explanation – it simply is – it’s difficult to explain death. My deepest sympathy went to her parents and grandmother for what they are going through now cannot be described in words – to watch a little girl suffer and pass away – it’s heart-wrenching.

I realise that life is fleeting and it’s important to cherish every moment – to live fully and appreciate every moment that we have and to say thanks for the little things. I’ve come to realize that there is no point in rushing and getting stressed. Whatever happens, life goes on. It dawned upon me that the lives that we touch when we live is what that makes the difference - the purpose of living.

1 comment:

classyadele said...

Hey, I just got back frm Wellington and recently updated myself with my RSS feeds. Sorry to hear about this. I guess it seems like life's not fair when you see how the young and helpless die. Sorry to hear about alf's aunt as well. My sincerest condolences.