Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mashed Potatoes with Tomatoes and Basil



It was raining here in the evening - and the first thing that came to my mind was a warm bowl of mashed potato - my perfect comfort food. To add some nutritional values to the meal, I added some tomatoes and basil leaves. 

Herewith is the recipe:
- Baby potatoes
- Garlic
- Diced tomatoes
- Chopped basil leaves (from our mini-garden)
- Some butter
- Cheddar cheese
- Mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste

1. Boil potatoes and garlic.
2. Drain and peel the skins of the potatoes and the garlic.
3. Mash the potatoes and garlic.
4. Add some butter, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Finally, add in the chopped tomatoes and basil leaves.
6. Serve warm.


2 comments:

Chin Nee said...

looks delicious!! I love it too, will try this recipe when rain nxt time. haha~ thanks for sharing

AGAPE said...

Anything with potato and cheese, I will be crazy over it! :) Happy trying and indulge!