Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wa Zen Japanese Restaurant @ Melaka Raya

I am a big fan of Japanese food. But ever since I got pregnant, I had to stop consuming raw seafood. Nonetheless, I still dine at Japanese restaurants and order mainly sushi dishes without any raw seafood on it and edamami. I love the simplicity in Japanese food.

Chin Lay and I have been regular customers in Sushi King for the past few years. As a change, Chin Lay brought me to this cosy Japanese restaurant in Melaka Raya. The ambiance is warm and cozy with its warm lighting - it's perfect for romantic dinners. You have to make booking in advance due to the limited seats in the restaurant. The food is superb and authentic - a big difference to what we are used to having in Sushi King. The pricing is very reasonable as well. The only thing that turned me off about this place was the strong fishy smell that greeted us upon entering the restaurant. It took me a while to recover from the strong smell - it must have been aggravated by my pregnancy hormones. Eventually, I got used to the smell and enjoyed the dishes we ordered.

We ordered the unagi set which comes with a bowl of rice, two slices of unagi, chawanmushi and few slices of watermelon. We also ordered edamami (my favorite) and potato salad (YUM!).

Unagi set
For dessert, we had green tea ice cream with red bean paste. It was very good.

 Green tea ice cream dessert

I would strongly recommend this place to all Japanese food lovers. 

Wa Zen Japanese Restaurant
38, Jalan Melaka Raya 15,
Taman Melaka Raya, 75000 Melaka.
Tel: 06-2823882

No comments: