Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Memory Box

Yesterday I was going through my memory box. Boy, it certainly it did bring back all those wonderful memories of my youth. I certainly miss those innocent, happy-go-lucky, and crazy days during primary and secondary school and university days. I thank God for all those memories, which till now brings a smile and laugh in me. I typically ‘store’ all small tokens of memory in those days; yeah, I honestly don’t like using the term ‘those days’ which makes it sound like dinosaur-age, but I am surprised at how fast time flies and how long it has been since I left school and university. I laughed at all the movie-ticket stubs, zoo tickets, cards, love letters, letters from best friends and pen pals, and other tokens of love which I am still keeping in my memory box; it certainly makes me feel special all over again.

The difference is that now, since everything is online and in digital format, I don’t have anything much to store, except for the occasional cards that I receive. I do keep all the gifts though, which I will never discard no matter how hard my mother tries to persuade me in order to get rid of all the old junks. All these things that I keep means something to me and each stuff that I store brings back certain memories which I want to keep for the rest of my life so that I can open my memory box and relive those special moments.

I feel it is important to reflect on all the jolly good times we had in the past to appreciate where we are now, and sometimes you need physical items to bring back all the memories and to relive it. In the midst of the hustle-bustle-ness that daily life commands, it is certainly rejuvenating to take a break and have a sneak preview of the memory box; it certainly re-energizes me and I am up and running again aspiring to make every moment count and realize how precious each moment is.

I am contemplating to switch to a bigger memory box so that I can find an excuse to store more things with sentimental value…hmm, can’t wait to get a place of my own so that I can accumulate more ‘junks’ to cherish ;) Gong Xi Fa Cai and Happy Holidays!

No comments: