Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sushi and Sashimi

Yeaps, that is one of my favorite dish. I can gorge myself to the variety of sushi and sashimi till I am stuffed. My all-time favorite sushi is the one topped with the fresh/smoked salmon; and also the salmon sashimi. I know some people can't digest the fact of savouring raw seafood, especially those that supposedly 'stinks'; but I guess I have acquired the taste for these raw cuisines just recently; I've tried octopus though, but not to my likings.

I also love the more 'palatable' sushis, like with the one topped with corn mayo, egg-mayo, potato salad (I am a potato freak as well). The potato inari is perfect, it has all my favorite items in it, which is the potato salad, fish roe, and cucumber enveloped with sweet beancurd. Edamame (green soybeans - which looks like a juicier version of kacang botol) is perfect for snacks. I dislike tempura dishes - health freak? - maybe...
Just imagining dipping all these items in wasabi and shoyu (Japanese soy sauce) sauce just makes me salivate, yumm!

No comments: