Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Goodbye 2008 - Welcome 2009

When I reflect on the year that was - I am thankful for many things. When I think back on how 2007 had been a rough year for me, I am thankful for all that I have experienced in 2008. 2007 has been with ups and downs - with more downs for me - and I am thankful that I've learnt and grown in 2008.

My dreams which I wish to accomplish in 2009:
- Travel to new places and experience new things
- Establish a creative endeavor
- Help others
- Repeat the mantra 'Ask in order to be given'
- Work harder on my thesis and publications
- Exercise more (no, seriously!)
- Eat well (my weakness -----> the sweet stuffs)
- To make a difference

When I reflect on the significant things that I remember about 2008: I remember the conference trip to Korea in June and our engagement in August. And then, the test that Alfred and I are going through together - his treatment and the surgery next year January. All these have brought us closer together and we've grown together throughout these ordeal.

I am thankful for the amazing life that I have with him, my family and fur-kids, and my friends and colleagues. Here's a toast to more wonderful things to come - a toast to 2009!

2 comments:

classyadele said...

where's the "MAKE BABIES" in the list? hehe

AGAPE said...

Hehe, got la ;-)