Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Deepavali 2009

This year is Thala Deepavali (the first Deepavali after one's marriage) for us. So, we celebrated Deepavali this year in Melaka. My mom bought us new attire to be worn on the first day of Deepavali. This is my record-breaking Deepavali year - I didn't bake anything. This year, I just did the eating and the feasting :) The significance of Deepavali is that there's always lots of mouth-watering food to look forward to - my favorite being idli, kurma, and rendang; and all the Indian sweets, achi murukku, and murukku. And I love the merry-festive-mood of having all our family members and relatives over.

We went back to KL the day after Deepavali to visit Alfred's cousins and grandma and in the evening we went for the open house at Alfred's parents place. Had great fun and looking forward for all the wondeful Deepavalis to come.

No comments: