Sunday, March 9, 2008

Expected an unexpected polling result

Last night, all my family members including myself were glued to the tv anticipating the election results. It was like a family-reunion, hehe. I had to attend a friend's wedding dinner that night and was restless throughout the dinner waiting to get back home to watch the results of the election with my family. My youngest sister was especially excited to watch the results (she is only 16) - talk about a deep interest in political happenings.

We all had a good laugh when we heard that Samy Vellu lost the Sg Siput seat, so jahat kan, hehe; poor man, he was anticipating a double-victory for this 72-birthday-supposedly-birthday-bash; in fact it would have been a big 'bash' for him to be defeated for the first time. Looking at the results, I suppose all these are the outcomes of people's grouses and dissatisfactions towards the present government; I suppose it's not inasmuch as the individual BN candidate that the Penang, Perak, Selangor majority people have voted against but the party itself. It serves to prove that a political party/rulling party cannot be complacent enough to overlook their underlying duty - which is to serve people of the country equally and fairly irrespective of gender, race, religion, and creed. My family and I sat and watched faithfully till about 1.30, after which I was struggling to stay awake.

This morning the first thing I wanted to know whether BN got the 2/3 rd majority; which they didn't. So, I suppose winds of changes will be on its way and I have a gut feeling that it'd be a much better change this time. Let's hope and pray.

No comments: