Friday, June 13, 2008

The Week Ahead

Tomorrow morning we are driving to Sungai Siput, Perak to attend one of my cousin’s wedding. The wedding is on Saturday night and it’s gonna be a long day for us (my family and I will be car-pooling with my uncle’s family) since we will not be staying over there; we should be reaching Malacca in the wee hours of Sunday morning. I am gonna bring some thesis-related reading materials so that I can read along the journey - so that it can ease my guilt of wasting too much time.

I have so much work to finish up – the new trimester is commencing next week and I am still struggling to finish up on one of the research papers; and I will be attending a conference in Seoul next Wednesday till the following week Monday. To add to that, I have some students (around 34 of them) sitting for the supplementary exam which is also next week (Thursday) and the due date to submit the results will be on the 23rd June (Monday) which is the same day that I will be returning from Korea. I requested for the exam unit to extend the deadline but unfortunately they can’t seem to fulfill my request since 24th June will be their last day to process all the results before the examiner’s meeting. And the arrival time in KLIA is at 6.45 p.m. on Monday the 23rd June. Gosh, I’ve gotta find a way to be able to mark all the scripts and key it in the online system before 12 midnight on Monday. I just hope I’ll manage to get someone to bring the scripts for me to KLIA so that I can mark and key-in the marks before the cut-off time limit. Till then, I am gonna dream of Korea...

No comments: