Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Last Airbender

I have been a huge  fan of M. Night Shyamalan ever since I watched his movie The Sixth Sense and I haven't missed any of his movies since then. But I presume that there is usually only one masterpiece created in most forms of art. This seemed to be true in M. Night Shyamalan's subsequent movies - his masterpiece being The Sixth Sense where he gained international recognition. Some of his other movies which I would give good ratings are: Lady in the Water and The Happening

His recent movie, The Last Airbender has received largely negative reviews; but that didn't stop us from watching it. Contrary to the newspaper reviews about the movie, I enjoyed the movie. I appreciated the moral message behind the story. The movie showcased the disastrous effects when the Fire Nation waged war against all the other nations to gain more power. I liked the message imparted in the movie regarding the importance of living in harmony with each other - the whole message seemed to point towards the reality of our current world. The little boy's acting was just awesome. I would give this movie a rating of 4/5.

No comments: