Friday, July 4, 2008

1st Day of Conference in Korea

I finally managed to steal some time to narrate my experience during the conference trip to Korea. ‘Korea and the World Economy VII’ is one of the best conferences I have attended since I became an academician. The organizers rendered a wonderful hospitality and my stay there was one of the most memorable one. I met many wonderful people from around the world during the conference and we became good friends instantaneously. They are fun-filled people to be with and they all treated me very well; hehe, since there were only about 4 women participating in the conference, all the men became absolute gentleman :)

It was a 2-day conference and I arrived 1 day earlier and managed to visit the Olympic Park – they have beautiful landscapes and recreational garden – I noticed that people in that busy city of Seoul are active when it comes to recreational activities after office hours or weekend. A picture of me at the Olympic park.

The first day of the conference was held in Korea Institute of Public Finance in Seoul and it was a productive day; socializing with all the participants and exchanging ideas. We were treated to a traditional Korean restaurant for lunch and I enjoyed the food as well as the company :)

The dinner at the hotel was fantastic together with the great company of the conference participants. I was enthralled with the arrays of sushi and salmon sashimi, my fav!; truly had a feast. Some of the shots during the dinner:
Thanet and I
Eric and Thanet (Eric was just trying his best to pose :P)
The group pic
We went for a walk around the Olympic park after dinner and these are the few shots taken:

No comments: