Friday, July 18, 2008

My Best Friend

I have a best friend, her name is Chin Lay. She is a very nice and pretty girl. We sit together in the classroom and we eat together during recess time. We like to talk a lot and share stories. She likes to eat porridge but I like to eat rice. Sometimes we fight but we smile at each other after that. She likes English subject. I like Mathematics subject. We both don’t like Arts subject. Sometimes I am sad and she makes me happy. I like to talk and play with her. I hope she is my best friend forever.

Sounds so primary-school-essay-writing-type right, hehe. I think I would have written like this for the topic “My best friend” in primary school ever since I met Chin Lay on the first day of joining Standard 1. Well, to write in a child-like-with-a-touch-of-innocence tone gives me a sense of déjà vu of being in a primary school – and it is definitely a good feeling. From the day I met her in Standard 1 up until today, a lot of things have taken place – and suffice to say that we have both blossomed into such fine ladies now (I hope ‘blossom’ is the correct word, hehe).

She has taught me the meaning of generosity – showing me that little thing goes a long way in showing someone that you care. For example, whenever she goes to the mini-mart she will ask me if I wanted something to eat/drink/munch; even if I said no, she would without fail buy something for me – and that means so much to me – especially so if someone does something for you without you having to ask.

My best friend has been so patient with me that sometimes I think if it has been someone else, asking too many questions in the cinema theatre during-climax-scenes would have earned me a stuffed-popcorn-in-the-mouth predicament.

She values privacy, however, I am gonna infringe it with a picture of us with the confidence that I’d be forgiven, as always.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Geeta for the blog message. It sure is heartwarming when your best friend wrote a mesage on her blog, expressing her appreciation for the wonderful friendship that we both share. Both of us do go a long way back since the age of 7. There are times when our friendship have met with some hiccups [i.e. the ups and downs of our own personal issues resulting in the need for privacy, the misunderstandings, the various short and long term cold wars wage between us]. However, it is through these "hiccups" that makes our friendship grow from strength to strength. She have also likewise throughout the years endure my various weaknesses, especially my paranoia and my tendencies to think the worse of a situation. Thanks Geeta for everything, for your unfailing ears and advises, for your positive cheery outlook on life, for your understanding and your forgiving heart. Thanks for all the good and bad things that have happened throughout the years that enables our friendship to grow and strengthen. This will be the last year that we'll both be in our 20s. Come next year we'll hit the 30s. So Geeta, we including Ailin must celebrate big this year to mark the end of our transiton to adulthood :D p/s: Not sure whether there's a length limit in blogs comments :P

AGAPE said...

chin lay, you always have the right thing to say at the right time; and thanks for all your inspiring words throughout our friendship - it certainly helped me becoming who I am today; yeaps, we shall celebrate to mark the end of our 20s :)

Anonymous said...

Chin Lay is a lucky girl! :)

By the way, thanks for participating in the Sunday Sharing carnival. I look forward to reading your story.

AGAPE said...

hey cheng leng, the sunday sharing carnival is a brilliant idea! looking forward to sharing and reading other stories.