Sunday, February 8, 2009

Eggless Orange Cake

A few weeks back, I made this cake for a prayer ceremony - thus, the eggless cake. Despite the incomplete recipe (which my mom wrote down from I-don't-know-which-source), we managed to 'save' the cake with some modifications. And it turned out well - soft, buttery, and smooth.
Herewith is the recipe:

Ingredients:
- 150 ml Marigold orange juice
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 2 tsp orange essence
- 300 gm self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 300 gm condensed milk
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 200 gm butter
- 1/2 tsp salt

Steps:
1) Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celcius.
2) Juice mixture - combine the orange juice, orange rind, and orange essence in a bowl.
3) Combine the condensed milk, castor sugar, melted butter and salt in a bowl.
4) Add the two liquid mixture (in steps 1 and 2) and mix together.
5) Sift together the flour, baking powder, and bicarbonate of soda.
6) Slowly add the sifted dry ingredients (in step 5) into the liquid mixture (in step 4) and stir as you add them.
7) Bake in a preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until done when tested with a wooden skewer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the orange cake, i remember having the similar one from the Pearl Magazine from Jusco. I lost my recipe and was looking for it this morning. GOd bless
Pam

Anonymous said...

Thanks again, I baked 2 cakes for my temple function and everyone like it.
I like your blog very much!
Pam