Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day - for me, it's just another day to remember to show appreciation to my mother. My mom mean the world to me. At times, we talk for hours and hours. At times, we don't see eye to eye on certain things. Most of the times, she never failed to inspire me. My mom is a hardworking woman who never likes to sit still doing nothing - throughout the years, I remember her venturing into various small-scaled businesses to fill her time and to bring in extra cash - video store, baby-sitting, tuition classes, catering, food-stall, and now she is venturing into tailoring. I admire her for her spirit and diligence - and remind myself to emulate her diligence. My mom have always taught me the art of patience, empathy, understanding, forgiveness, and accepting anyone just the way they are and to give without expecting anything in return. Sometimes, I think that she is gullible and naive - but over time, I realised that it's her giving-without-expecting nature - a divine trait. I owe her for a great extent to who I have become today - for without her, I wouldn't have grown into a better human being, learning and growing along the way.
For Mother's day celebration, I brought my family out for a nice dinner at King's Hotel Thai Food restaurant. We enjoyed the warm ambience and the live band - I love the clean-white deco of the restaurant - everything looks spick and span. The food was not great - the best dish was the Thai green curry. I didn't really enjoy the pineapple rice I ordered. The highlight was of course the dessert - ice cream with fried banana - it was superb! Towards the end of the evening, we managed to squeeze some space in our tummy to make room for the smooth-melt-in-your-mouth cakes from Coffee Bean. Yum!
Classic cheesecake and blueberry cheesecake

Chocolate cake and sugee cake

Vanilla ice-cream with fried banana

Tom Yam Goong

Thai Green Curry

Pineapple rice

2 comments:

Cheng Leng said...

Happy Mother's Day to your mum. Just imagine, in a few years, perhaps we will be wishing YOU Happy Mother's Day. :)

My family had a simple celebration at home.

AGAPE said...

Thanks, Cheng Leng. Wishes to your mom too. I think it's really cool that she can wake up to any time without an alarm clock!
And yes, I am looking forward to motherhood :)