Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Week Ahead

Students have just finished their final exam paper - and I have started marking -about 227 scripts to mark - and my eyes are already going bonkers from reading all types of handwriting. Without paying much attention to grammar and sentence construction (after all, this is a Finance paper), as long as I understand what the student is trying to convey on the script, I give marks accordingly - after all, I was also once a student - so I must empathize what the students are going through - of course without forgoing the quality as much as I could.

And the wedding preps are going on full-swing now with the cards ready to be distributed - that will take up a huge portion of our ever-so-precious-time. Today we basically spent the whole day shopping for door gifts and other miscellaneous items. Having prepared the checklist and going by it is a HUGE HELP - a tremendous stress-reliever, I must say. Being so used to forgetting things, spending some time on the checklist was definitely worth it.

No comments: