Monday, October 6, 2008

Moist Steamed Chocolate Cake



Last week during the Raya break, I developed the itch to bake again - this time I decided to be simple - no icing, no frosting - just a simple cake with simple steps and with just one bowl to wash up - it's the easiest cake I've ever baked - and turned out the effortless endeavor produced a moist-yummy-tasting-choc-cake. Everybody loved it so much - my aunt wanted the recipe for the Christmas cake. This gave me an incentive to be lazier when it comes to baking spree - but then I have a thing towards the fancy-looking cakes, anyway ;-)

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
- 550 gm instant steamed chocolate cake flour
You just need to add the following ingredients to the instant cake flour:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup water

Steps:
1. Just mix the eggs, condensed milk, cooking oil and water together in a bowl.
2. Add the instant steamed chocolate cake flour little by little to the wet ingredients and mix evenly.
3. Grease and sprinkle some flour on a round cake pan. Pour the mixture in the cake pan.
4. Steam for about 1 and a half hour or so.
5. Indulge!

No comments: