Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A New Earth


This book gave me a deep insight on certain spirituality questions that I had. And I realised that understanding spirituality lies not in the understanding of thoughts and words, but it's the feeling of the consciousness of the eternal power that created us; which lies within us. And often times when I dwell on the past or focus on the future, I realise that I lose the precious present moment in which I am in NOW - and time just slips through - no wonder we always exclaim on how time just flies.

I've always questioned the concept of religion and God; religions and worshipping acts never seemed to convince me of the conceptualization of God. Along the way, I am learning that all religions point to the same awareness and it is all ONE. I never wanted to believe in one religion and downplay other religions. Which is why I find the teachings in Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, and Islam - to be kind to all sentient beings - has universal effect and it all signifies the same message - however we choose to look at it.

I learnt that I should try not to personalize anything and learn to let go of attachments and live with conscious awareness on how my actions affect not only me but others as well. Acceptance, if you have to go through it, you just have to go through it willingly - it is easier that way. And we dont need anything to define ourselves.

This is a book to read - to awaken from the dreamlike-state of humanity.

2 comments:

vuvie said...

I've tagged you for 6 random things if you don't mind. Hehe.
here

AGAPE said...

hey su yin! I was wondering who is vuvie ;)