Monday, April 27, 2009

Crab Fare

Last night, I missed my bus back to Melaka because I was lured into 'crab-trap' by Alfred and Aaron - and since it has been a darn long time since I last indulged in crab, I was game for it. Aaron recommended a shop near Ampang for its famous salted egg crab - according to him, that's the best he've tasted. Unfortunately for us, they didn't have crab on that day. And off we went to another shop - it wasn't that good, though.

We then retreated to the apartment where John was waiting for us, and ended up watching Russell Peters - a Canadian Anglo-Indian comedian whose jokes can be described as crude, raw, racist, and offensive - depending on how you choose to look at it. For me, in the name of humour, it was worth a watch - we definitely laughed our heart out (Warning: suitable for 18 and above) - one of the audiences brought his young son to the program - I was like "What is that guy thinking? - I wonder how his kid is going to 'store' all these 'information' in his growing 'database' - kids nowadays are darn smart - never underestimate them!).

All in all, it was a great weekend with great company :)

1 comment:

classyadele said...

Yeahhh I've known about Russell Peters since MMU days...he's put on a fair big of weight since his first comedy routine tho. Must be all that good money. He went to Singapore to do a show too - but of course, can never step on Malaysian shore..why? As u already know - his jokes are very heavily-laden with racial, sexual, cultural and even political themes! :)

I watched the latest one too (the one you watched) "Just take it...and go!" :)