Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and mothers-to-be! I am blessed with a great woman in my life - who inspires me, motivates me and nurtures me from birth. She is the most hardworking woman I have ever met - and she is full with energy and perseverance in whatever she does. She brought her 5 children into this world - and each of us are thankful to be born to her. She has been always an enterprising lady ever since I could remember. I remember her venturing into various types of business to earn the extra money to support the family. I recall spending time in the video rental business premise which she was running back when I was still in primary school. When that business slowly loses its popularity after the advent of other forms of entertainment, she tried her hand in catering, baby-sitting and tuition to help keep herself occupied and earn the extra buck. I still remember joining the other kids in the tuition classes she conducted every night. I also received private tuition lesson from her since primary school. 

I owe most of my academic accomplishments to her effort in educating and inculcating the value of education in me. Back when I was in primary school, my class teachers used to complain to my parents that I might be having a learning disability - I tend to day-dream most of the time in the class - and nothing the teacher delivers will register in my head. My mother got very worried and she started her tutoring and coaching lessons with me - showing me the fun way to learning. I picked up maths very well and started scoring excellent grades. From then on, my results have always been great until I completed my secondary school with 8 As for SPM. I owe all this to her - her unwavering faith in me and the hard work she put in to educate me. 

Not only in academics, she has educated me greatly in being a better, kinder and more compassionate human being. All the values that I hold closely to my heart now is from her teachings. She always advise me to treat people with love and respect no matter how they treat you - her patience towards everyone - regardless how they treated her- has always marveled me. She rarely says no to any favor asked by anyone - she will do it sincerely and with love - that has always been her greatest virtues. Although it may seem that she is sometimes taken advantage of because of her kindness, she always tell me that "When you do good, only good things will come to you - in whatever form that may be; it might not be today, but one day you will reap the benefits from all your kind words and actions". 

Even though it's a tough game for me to emulate a great woman with great qualities like her, I've grown to appreciate the wisdom of her words and beginning to walk her talk. I am so blessed to have you as my mother, Amma. I count that blessing every day. I love you with all my heart. I wish you good health and joy and abundance in everything you do. My greatest gift to you will be a grandchild to fill you with joy and happiness :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very very well said gal! Although,I have known aunty not for long but I know she is a GREAT lady to have great love, patience and perseverance.Bringing up 5 kids is no joke but she had done it so well!!!! I really miss the days we were in malacca! and i miss her vege nasi lemak!!!! :) HAppy Mothers day to you aunty and to you too geets the mother to be! God bless you! take care dear!

Komz!!

AGAPE said...

Thanks, dear. Amma also misses the good ol' days when she was having the stall. The times when we go and tuck into her famous vegetarian nasi lemak. I miss all that too, Kom.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Komz. So touching writeup. I belief everyone has their own amazing journey with their mum(s). Thank you mum for everything! God Bless. Mages

cath said...

geetha u looks so motherly :) . u cut ur hair izzit?

AGAPE said...

Hi Cath, I shaved my head bald for Thaipusam last January. Now I sport a new hairstyle ;)