Friday, May 14, 2010

Nahleen's Birthday

Today Alfred surprised me by taking emergency leave. I was so elated at the thought of having the whole day together. For the past few weeks, I was staying alone in the condo while he is away at work - and it has been depressing for me - I thought I was going to go crazy and I didn't have mood to do anything except to lie on bed. All sorts of unnecessary thoughts come to my mind - and I can't seem to control it. I presume my loneliness is exacerbated by the raging hormones within me. 

Well, anyway, it was a happy day today. Instead of driving, we decided to take the commuter to his parent's place to have breakfast with them. The break from the routine was exciting for me. We had a nice Indian breakfast with his parents - talked about our baby-on-the-way - everyone is so excited for the big day! After breakfast, we ran some errands and then headed home. 

When deciding what to do tonight, I reminded Alfred that it was Nahleen's birthday today. We called to wish her and she invited us to join them for a dinner at a Thai restaurant near Jalan Gasing. It was great meeting up with all of them. All in all, it was a great day - and I wish for more days like these - when I feel upbeat and driven and happy.

It was Nahleen's and her cousin's birthday
Nahleen and I

No comments: