Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Blueberry Cheesecake


This is one of my family's all time favorite, which I bake frequently (very frequently, in fact, after which I know the recipe by heart); and I got fed-up since I know how the end-result will be like. But still since it is always in 'demand' I end up baking it for every occassion or sometimes for no occassion, hehe. Herewith is the recipe:
Ingredients for the Crust:
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Ingredients for the filling:
- 250 gm cream cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sour cream (depending on how sour it is)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup blueberry jelly (or blueberry jam)

Directions:
- Combine crumbs, 2 tbsp sugar, and butter. Pat mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pan.
- Mash cream cheese until soft and creamy. Gradually beat in sour cream, 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla and flour.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Pour mixture into crumb-lined pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) oven for 1 hour or until firm to the touch. (Since I have a small oven, the top of the cake will be in uneven color, so the blueberry jam is a cover-up!)
- Cool and spoon the jelly (or jam) over the cake.
- Chill until ready to serve.
It's that easy! Enjoy!

No comments: