Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Progress

I must admit that I have not been very disciplined in my PhD work recently. I keep telling myself that I've gotta keep the rhythm - but ended up breaking it now and then. Right now, I am reading as many journal articles as I can to re-identify the gap in literature in order to make a significant contribution. Sometimes I get lost in the midst of reading - so I've done a flow-chart on my list-of-priority-of-things-to-do. Now, I have more ideas on how to increase the depth of my study - now is just the question of the availability of data. I have collected some preliminary data earlier (on GDP, ICT capital, etc.) - but now, I am re-identifying my objectives and the variables to be used - and then verify the data.

My flow-chart:

1. Read related journal articles
2. Go through - identify gap in the literature
3. Formulate/Re-examine objective of study (What is the problem statement?)
4. Significance and contribution of study (Justify)
5. Identify sample and sample size
6. Variables (data availability?)
7. Definition of variables ----> Review the literature
8. Source of data
9. Data collection - verify data

No comments: