Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Saturday – Cooking and dining with family

Saturday was family day. My in-laws came over on Saturday to our place for lunch and my mom and sisters came down from Melaka to visit us and join us for lunch. I cooked mutton rendang curry - which is my first attempt at cooking a mutton dish - for I don't consume red-meat. And I got positive feedback on the dish. I also made deep-fried ladies-fingers with yogurt - it was a hit!

You know, it's a high-pressure venture for me to be cooking for my in-laws for the first time - my mother-in-law is a great cook and my father-in-law is a food critic. And to receive a good feedback on my cooking skills from them, I am definitely beaming in pride. Alright, alright, enough of me bragging here. But I definitely felt that all the effort put into cooking the rendang curry was worth it! And my sister kept complimenting me for the mutton.

We invited my aunty, uncle, and cousins over for dinner at our place. I made pizzas for dinner.

We had a great day (despite the tiredness) - a great family get-together - sharing jokes, laughter and fun. I was really happy to have my family over at our place. My dad joined us for dinner later at about 9 p.m.

No comments: